There is an error message that says – “Go to one of your other devices signed in to iCloud to approve this iPhone.” Probably you have come across this error message but you don’t know how to fix it. Thus, in this guide, we are going to work you around and show you how to approve iPhone on iCloud without encountering the above error message.
Different Ways on How to Approve iPhone on iCloud
This article features four different ways on how to approve iPhone on iCloud. Each of them includes simple troubleshooting steps to help you approve your iPhone on iCloud.
1. Approve iPhone from PC/Mac by Disabling Authentication
This is the first way on how to approve iPhone on iCloud. So, to approve the iPhone on iCloud from PC/Mac, first, you will need to turn off the Two-Factor authentication. To proceed with this process, you have to follow the instructions given below;
- Once on the “approve this iPhone” screen, click on the Cancel option
- Then proceed to the Settings section of your iPhone by clicking on the Settings app icon from the apps menu.
- From your Settings menu, go to your Apple ID and select the Two-Factor Authentication option in the Password & Security tab
- Now, disable the Two-Factor Authentication and then reset the password of your iCloud and iTunes account.
- When performing this process, you will receive an email about the Authentication so that you can click on the link for disabling it.
- Once you finish with the process, go back to “approve this iPhone” option through the red flag in the Settings section of your iPhone. If you followed this process carefully and correctly, your iPhone will be approved automatically without any form of error again.
2. Approve iPhone from PC/Mac by Deactivating iCloud Keychain
Here in the second method on how to approve iPhone on iCloud. This method will help you to approve your iPhone on iCloud if the first method mentioned above was unable to get your iPhone approved on iCloud. Meanwhile, in this process, you will need to clear the error message by deactivating the iCloud Keychain. Follow the instructions below to get your iPhone approved on iCloud by disabling your iCloud Keychain.
- As usual, click on the Cancel button when you get to the “approve this iPhone” window
- Proceed to the Settings section of your iPhone and then go to Apple ID.
- In your Apple ID section, turn off your “iCloud Keychain” feature
- After turning off the iCloud Keychain feature, restart your iPhone device
- Once you have restarted your iPhone, go to the settings section of your device and click on the Apple ID option, then iCloud.
- From here, you will need to disable the “iCloud Keychain” option
- Then go back to the “approve this iPhone” window and check whether the error message has been cleared.
3. How to Approve iPhone on iCloud Through Code Verification
Another process on how to approve iPhone on iCloud is by approving your account through verification code. To learn the approval process through code verification, kindly go through the steps below;
- First, open your iCloud account on other iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, or iPod touch.
- Next, go to the settings section on your device and click on your “Apple ID.”
- Click on the Password & Security option and then select the “Get Verification Code” button. When you click on the get code button, you will receive a verification code on your screen. Just tap on the Ok button and proceed back to your iPhone for which you need approval on iCloud.
- Once you get the steps right, the window showing “approve this iPhone” error message will no longer appear on your device screen. Your device will, therefore, get approved automatically.
4. How to Approve an iPhone on iCloud Using Third-Party App
In most cases, it’s not always advisable to use a third-party tool on your device as it may affect the warranty of the product if any or may equally backfire and make one’s device useless. Perhaps you’re ready to take the risk on your iPhone device, then you may think of using a third-party tool to get your iPhone approved on iCloud. While there are many third-party tools to which you can use, simply browse for a compatible one that you can use to approve your iPhone device on iCloud.
These are four different ways you can get your iPhone approved on iCloud. However, if after following the steps and instructions provided in this guide and you’re still unable to approve your iPhone on iCloud, then you should consider contacting Apple customer support.
I hope it was helpful? Feel free to add your feedback on the comments section below!