With an Apple ID, you can enjoy all the Apple services. If you use Apple services, it means you already have one and don’t need to create another. But if you don’t use any of the Apple services yet or you are not sure if you an Apple ID, then this article is certainly for you! So, to create a new Apple ID, you have to stay with us until the end of this guide.
Before we proceed, an Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services such as iCloud, the App Store, the iTunes Store, Apple Music, and so on. The ID includes the email address and password that you use to sign in. Likewise, all the contact, payment, and security details that you will use across Apple services. Meanwhile, it doesn’t matter where you create your Apple ID. Just remember to use the same login details to sign in to every Apple service you want to use. Thus, you can access and manage everything with a single account and password.
How to Create a New Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch
By the time of setting up your new Apple devices, you may be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. You can create a new Apple ID using this guide if you don’t have it. Similarly, you can set it up later in the App Store, which we are also going to show you below;
To Create a New Apple ID When you Set Up your Device
1. From your home screen, tap on Settings
2. Click on Sign in to your iPhone at the top of the Settings menu
3. Next, tap on Don’t have an Apple ID or Forgot it?
4. Then Select Create a Free Apple ID.
5. Select your birthdate
6. Enter your first and last name. Then click next.
7. Now, Tap Use your current email address, or tap Get a free iCloud email address.
You can choose anyone you wish for your Apple ID.
To Create Apple ID Using the App Store on your Device
1. First, open the App Store and click on your profile image
2. Further Click on Create a New Apple ID. Perhaps you didn’t see the option, check back to sign out of iCloud.
3. Key in your email address and password. Meanwhile, the email address will be your new Apple ID
4. Next, choose the country or region that matches the billing address for your payment method.
6. Provide your name and birthdate, the click to subscribe to Apple Updates, which is optional. Moreover, subscribing keeps you updated on the latest news, software, products, and services from Apple. Select Next to proceed.
7. Enter your credit card and billing information, and then Next. You can try selecting None. But if None is not showing, you won’t be able to. Meanwhile, they won’t charge you until you make a purchase. Also, you can change or remove your payment details later.
8. Now, enter your phone number and confirm it. It helps to verify your identity and recover your account if need be. Click on Next to continue.
9. Go to your email box for a verification email from Apple. Follow the link on the email and verify your email address using the on-screen instructions.
After verifying your email address successfully, you can now use your new Apple ID to sign in to any of the Apple Services.
How to Create a New Apple ID on your Computer
For your Mac device, you can create a new Apple ID using the App Store. However, if you use Windows PC, then you can create an Apple ID using iTunes for Windows. But if you still don’t have that, you should then consider using the web to create your Apple ID.
Creating an Apple ID on Mac Device
1. First, go to the App Store
2. Click Sign In, for a drop-down to appear. If unable to see the option, check to make sure you are signed out from iCloud.
3. Now, click on Create Apple ID
4. Read and agree to the T&Cs
5. Complete the registration form to create a new Apple ID. Remember, the email address you provide will be your new Apple ID.
6. Click on continue after filling the form.
7. Provide your credit card and billing information, just like we mentioned above. Click Continue to proceed.
8. Finally, check your email for a verification email from Apple. Follow the steps in the link to verify your email address.
When you are done verifying your email address, you can now use your new Apple ID to sign in to the App Store. Likewise, other Apple services, including iCloud, Apple Music, etc.
To Create an Apple ID on your Windows Device
1. Open iTunes for Windows. You must have the latest version
2. Select Account, then Sign In from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or top of the iTunes window.
3. Click on Create a New Apple ID
5. Now, fill the form to create a new Apple ID. Answer the security questions you may be asked for your account’s protection. Meanwhile, the email address that you provide will be your new Apple ID.
6. Click on Continue to proceed
7. Provide your credit card and billing information, as shown above, then click on Continue.
8. You can check your email now for a verification email from Apple. Follow the link on the email to verify your email address.
Once successful, you can use the Apple ID to sign in to all the Apple services you want to use.
How to Create Apple ID on Other Devices
For you to create a new Apple ID on devices like Android devices, Apple TV, or Smart TV, you can easily follow the on-screen instructions to achieve that. Just enter your full name, date of birth, and email address, or phone number, then a payment method. Meanwhile, the Apple ID is necessary if you subscribe to services like Apple Music and Apple TV+. Likewise, when you download the Apple TV app.
However, if you have a problem following that process, you can try using the steps provided below to create your Apple ID on the web.
1. Go to the Apple ID account page
2. Scroll down the page and click on Create your Apple ID
3. Enter your full name, date of birth, and country of origin.
4. Provide an email (which will become your new Apple ID) and Password. Confirm the password by re-entering it, then continue.
5. Select your security questions and provide the answers. Meanwhile, the questions will be used to verify your identity and recover your password should you ever forget it.
6. Check or Uncheck the boxes to subscribe to Apple Updates (Optional).
7. Enter the Captcha code and then click on Continue
8. Check your email address for a verification email. Use the link on the email and verify your email address.
9. After the verification, you can then use your new Apple ID to sign in to your desired Apple services.
Again, after creating your Apple ID on the web, you can upgrade to Apple’s highest level of security, the two-factor authentication. Only if you are eligible!
That’s everything you need to know about creating a new Apple ID! Once you finish creating your new Apple ID, you can start enjoying all the Apple Services available to you.
I hope it was helpful? Feel free to add a comment below!